Maui Spectacular Helicopter Tour -- Explore deep, meandering valleys set in the rainforest of the ancient West Maui Mountains. Knife-edged ridges with mist-shrouded peaks separate the spectacular valleys that give Maui its nickname, "The Valley Isle." Waterfalls cascade down from towering cliffs into the streams running along the rainforest floor. Every West Maui Mountains tour is unique.
Up-to-the minute changes in wind and weather determine which sites are best for discovering Hawaii's hidden beauty. The warm tropical climate and year-round trade winds add a dynamic element to the beauty of the islands. If clouds and rainfall happen to be a part of your adventure, the waterfalls and rainbows can be even more spectacular.
Length: approximately 30 minutes
Daily from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Summary: Fares listed are per person. Total fare includes all taxes and fees. All taxes and fees are included in this package, including Federal Transportation Excise Tax, Fuel Surcharge and Segment Fee. PLEASE NOTE: Any person weighing over 250 pounds must pay the regular fare plus the additional Comfort Seat Charge. This tour does not include hotel or condo pick-up. Any child under 24 months of age is welcome as a lap child at no charge. Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat. You must provide each passenger's individual body weight on the Order Form. Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 888-881-3303.
There is a $5.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown includes any and all taxes, fuel surcharges, and service fees. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Tour narration is provided by pilots who are State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guides.
Comfort Seat Charge
PLEASE NOTE: Any person weighing over 250 pounds must pay the regular fare plus the additional Comfort Seat Charge.
The introduction of the incredible new ECO-Star represents another significant industry "first" from Hawaii's premiere helicopter tour company. But it is far more than that. It truly is the dawn of a new era in helicopter touring. Since the late 1980s,the American Eurocopter A-Star has been the tour helicopter of choice for professional tour operations worldwide. In Hawaii it is the industry standard?favored by all the top helicopter tour companies for its open cabin design that affords a 180º sweeping view for each passenger. This feature has been further enhanced in the revolutionary new American Eurocopter ECO-Star?the first touring helicopter of the 21st Century.
But that's just the beginning. Passenger comfort, interior space, and engineering have all been raised to state-of-the-art levels. We are the first helicopter tour company in the world to introduce the incredible new ECO-Star, plus we continue to proudly fly our superb fleet of A-Stars.
Details of the ECO-Star
• ECO-Star's 23% increase in cabin space over the A-Star affords significantly greater personal space for guests, along with improved visibility. All A-Stars use bench seating for every passenger.
• ECO-Star features superior comfort; individual seats for every passenger afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "business class" seating.
• ECO-Star features raised rear seating and wrap-around glass cockpit, for greater visibility from every seat.
• ECO-Star: First helicopter specifically designed for touring.
• ECO-Star: high-tech, enclosed "fenestron," or "fan in fin," replaces A-Star's conventional tail rotor. Fenestron is: Safer, Quieter and More efficient - using 25% less engine horsepower, which can now be utilized by the main rotor system.
• ECO-Star's state-of-the-art fuel control automatically optimizes main rotor speed for quietest operations and instant power response. Achieved with a "Full Authority Digital Electronic Control" (FADEC), utilizing a primary electronic channel with one electronic backup channel and a third hydro-mechanical backup control.
• ECO-Star's engine uses latest "Grown Crystal" technology for turbine blades - increasing power, heat tolerance and fuel efficiency. This, along with the FADEC, is the same technology used in state-of-the-art airline engines such those on the leading-edge Boeing 777.
• ECO-Star features dual hydraulic systems.
• ECO-Star has a $1.8 million price tag - 80% more than a standard A-Star.
Tour routes may vary due to wind and weather conditions.
Departure Point: Tour commences at Kahului Heliport, Kahului, Maui, Hawaii. From the Lahaina/Kaanapali Area: Take Highway 30 to Highway 380, turn right. Follow 380 to Highway 36, turn right. From Highway 36 turn left at the second traffic light onto Highway 37. Go straight ahead and the road ends at the Kahului Heliport.
Exclusions: Meals and beverages. Transportation to and from the Kahului Heliport. Parking at the Kahului Heliport.
Actual video of tour (available for purchase for $20.00 VHS or $25.00 DVD).
Weight Information: We require passengers' individual body weights at the time of reservation. This is necessary to assure proper weight and balance of the aircraft as required by Federal regulation. Due to weight and balance of the aircraft and the comfort of all passengers, anyone weighing over 250 lbs. will be required to purchase both the regular fare and the Comfort Seat charge.
Our helicopters have been used by Warner Brothers, Universal Pictures, Paramount, Disney, Hollywood Pictures and Castlerock on such features as "Flight of the Intruder," "Joe vs. the Volcano," "Honeymoon in Vegas," "Crimson Tide," "Jurassic Park," "The Lost World," "Six Days/Seven Nights," "Pearl Harbor," "Tears of The Sun," "The Big Bounce," as well as many network television productions including "Average Joe, Hawaii," "The Bachelor," "Wild On," "Girl Meets Hawaii," and the Travel Channel's "World's Best Helicopter Thrills."
Fares listed are per person. Total fare includes all taxes and fees. All taxes and fees are included in this package, including Federal Transportation Excise Tax, Fuel Surcharge and Segment Fee. PLEASE NOTE: Any person weighing over 250 pounds must pay the regular fare plus the additional Comfort Seat Charge. This tour does not include hotel or condo pick-up. Any child under 24 months of age is welcome as a lap child at no charge. Children 24 months and over require an individual full-fare seat. You must provide each passenger's individual body weight on the Order Form. Please reserve online, or call us toll-free at 888-881-3303.